Dance contests are a positive way to encourage dancers to grow and improve when they are respectful and inspirational. Come challenge yourself and bring out the best in you.
The Montreal swing dance scene is one of the most vibrant in the world. We have world-class dancers, packed weekly dance night, and good music.
What better to do with all this talent than to it bring all together for one crazy afternoon?
Inspired by events like Savoy Swing Jam in Seattle and Lindy Bout in Vancouver, we bring you the Montreal Swing Riot – a dance battle for all Lindy Hoppers.
A non-profit event created by Alain Wong, Gen St-Lo and Cathou Desjardins, Montreal Swing Riot will blow your mind with an explosion of Lindy Hop and Vernacular Jazz goodness.
The Swing Riot Manifesto:
– A non-profit event that embodies the spirit of Lindy Hop.
– An event that promotes good Lindy Hop music.
– A venue for people to express themselves and leave it all out on the dance floor
– A place where excellence and ridiculousness are accepted
– Where you have a chance to win over the crowd and push Lindy Hop forward.
– A moment that unites dancers with high energy and inspiration.